Ever wondered how awesome you have been doing in the community? Check out your Completion Rate!
What is Completion Rate?
Completion Rate is the rate of job completion out of your claim jobs.
Why is it important?
Your Completion Rate reflects your reliability as a GoGetter. When you claim jobs, Posters can see this rate on your profile.
Having a high Completion Rate will give Poster more confidence to engage your services. More jobs = more earnings!
Note: Soon, your Completion Rate will also affect your GoGetter Incentive/Bonus. The higher your Completion Rate, the more you earn!
What affects your completion rate?
1. Completing a job = Completion Rate increase
2. Cancelling a job = Completion Rate decrease
Frequently Asked Questions
1. If I have to cancel a job due to unforeseen circumstances (e.g., sick or accident), will my Completion Rate decrease?
- No, we understand that not all cancellations are entirely your fault. If you have to cancel a job due to unforeseen circumstances, please ensure that you cancel a job with the correct cancellation reason.
2. I canceled a job because the Poster hasn't approved it and is unresponsive. Will this affect my Completion Rate?
- Please ensure that you cancel the job with the correct cancellation reason to ensure it does not affect the completion rate.
3. I've just claimed a job, and it hasn't started or is in progress. Will this affect my Completion Rate?
- The Completion Rate will only be updated once the job is completed or cancelled. Please ensure you have updated the job in a timely manner.
4. Why did my Completion Rate decrease when the Poster canceled my job?
- This could happen if the Poster canceled the job for reasons such as:
- GoGetter is unreliable e.g late / did not show up for job
- GoGetter is unresponsive
There is no appeal for the Completion Rate once the job has been cancelled.