No compensation is to be given for any fragile/ perishable items that do not adhere to the following packaging guidelines and are damaged during a delivery. As a Poster, you are responsible for goods packaging and are advised to select the right vehicle for the transportation of your goods. (For example, fragile items such as cakes, cookies should not be delivered by bike due to higher risk of damage).
The GoGetter has the right to reject from proceeding with the job if the item is not suitable to be transported in a safe condition due to poor packaging or wrong vehicle selection.
GoGet is not liable if the following packaging guidelines are not met.
- Post the job correctly in the GoGet app or on the website by selecting the correct 'Delivery Item', 'Size' and 'Weight' for all fragile items in parcels that are sealed .
- All packaging must be undamaged. The GoGetter can reject any damaged containers, torn packages, leaking or unprotected goods. If Poster still insists on proceeding, it can be done but any form of damage is not the GoGetter’s responsibility.
- Posters should provide all glassware items with sufficient protection to prevent items from breaking (eg. wrapping with bubble wrap/ newspaper).
- All furnitures to be transported should be wrapped up sufficiently to prevent items from chipping and damaged during transportation.
- All perishable items must be kept in a good condition that will allow the items to endure the transportation journey by the Poster.
- All items must not be able to slide around in the container (eg. cupcakes must be held in cupcake holders; drinks must be put inside a cup tray/ holder ).
- All documents must be kept in an envelope. If the job requires a biker, it should ideally be waterproof due to the unforeseen weather conditions.
- All frozen items should be packed in a cooling bag/ box. Plastic containers with snap-on lids or plastic zip-top bags are ideal. Place a sealed container of dry ice on top of the frozen or refrigerated goods, inside the bag. Make sure the dry ice does not touch the item. Warnings should be indicated on the box of frozen items with a permanent marker: "Contains dry ice".
- All non-halal goods must be declared in the description of the GoGet job or indicated on the package. Else, GoGetters who are unable to execute the job has the right to reject the job.
- It is best to transport multi-tiered cake as single tiers and construct the cake upon arrival. However, if you feel comfortable traveling with an already stacked cake, make sure it is not more than 20cm. Ensure the cake is dowelled properly for a good 8 hours before transportation.
- Ensure freshly baked cakes are given sufficient time for setting (more than 3 hours), to ensure the sturdiness and solidness of the cake and icing.
- All sauces (or any other liquids) should be placed in sealed containers with additional cling film wrapped around them as potholes/ emergency braking are sometimes unavoidable. Containers with liquid should be packed in a separate bag and not in direct contact with dry items. As leakage is not 100% avoidable, this prevents spillage of liquid which might affect the conditions of other dry items being transported.
- All packaging cannot be over-sized or too small. Too much empty space will allow items to move around and mix together. A packaging that is too small will cause spillage of goods. Loose lids are also not allowed so please use tight-fitting lids to prevent any form of spillage.
- Other fragile items such as balloons should be provided with extras in the event balloon bursts due to sensitivity to environmental factor or in case of any defect issues.
- If parcel/item is not sealed/packed properly, and subsequently there are claims about item shortage.
- Please note, at any point of the job GoGetters have the right to not proceed with the job if he/she feels uncomfortable with the item being transported.
- GoGetters have the right to ask for clarification and more information on items being transported. Therefore kindly be prepared for instances where you may be asked to open your packaging to reveal contents inside the package. Please refer to the Eligibility and Representations section in our Terms of Service for full details.
This article may answer: How to pack my item?