Claim Info & Procedures for Damaged and Missing Goods
We understand unforeseen circumstances occur from time to time and no measurement can be taken to avoid incidents from occurring. At GoGet, we try our best to assist customers that wish to make a claim. For us to be able to help you, it is extremely important for you to follow the procedures outlined.
This policy will also be used in accordance with the situation where there are claims for missing items.
Damaged and Missing Goods
- A report must be submitted through the GoGet app or website within 24 hours of the drop off delivery time and date.
- Photographic evidence of the damaged items (before damage and after damage), to both the packaging and goods inside must be included in the report. After reviewing your photographic evidence, we may need to arrange a damage inspection which might take up to 1 working day.
- Proof of claim amount must be submitted. (Eg, retail receipt of the item)
- Goods must be packaged in accordance with GoGet’s Standard Packaging Guideline and Delivery Compliance for Insurance. The responsibility of goods by the GoGetter is up until the item is delivered and handed over to the recipient. Following which, any transportation or interaction will not be under the GoGetter's responsibility. Goods must be inspected by the Recipient upon handing over the item at delivery.
- Please refer to the attached document for different types of damaged and missing goods situations.
Reasons Your Claim Might be Rejected
- Your goods did not meet the GoGet’s Standard Packaging Guideline. The primary cause of damage is insufficient packaging so always consider your item’s pending journey.
- You fail to submit a report about the damage/missing of your item(s) immediately or within 24 hours after you or your receiver have received the goods.
- If the item is delivered within a stipulated time frame of the job, and the damage is claimed to be on taste or condition that is not related to the mishandling of the item. For instance taste of food, item melted, unstable item that is not delivery-friendly.
- Item is sent within the time stipulated, but GoGetters are not allowed to check the contents during the pick up or drop off. (For example, items are in boxes completely sealed up)
- The required documents are not submitted within the stipulated time. For example, photographic evidence of the damaged/missing items, and retail receipts of the item.
- No proof of the item value was submitted.
- No compensation will be given if the item stated in the job is different from the actual item being delivered.
- No compensation will be provided if the damage was caused by environmental factors or it was a defective product.
*Basis of valuation - Invoice value of the goods. This is the retail price as per invoice to your customer based on your receipt.
Our policy to compensate is based on the events and causes between GoGetters, GoGet and our users, our compensation calculations are not based on the decision taken by our users on how to treat the compensation with third parties. We will not anchor our calculations on the amount that our users have the prerogative to set for third parties.
The ultimate final decision and discretion are done by GoGet admin. The maximum claim for Business Account holders is RM400 whereas for non-Business Account holders is RM100 per job. Click here to obtain full information about goods in transits. Once both parties agreed with the amount to be compensated, you're required to issue an invoice to Eternal Meteor Sdn Bhd along with the original receipt for that indicates the value of the item. Kindly issue the invoice within 3 working days or GoGet has the right to reject the compensation claims. The amount will be compensated in GoGet credits(RM).
ETERNAL METEOR SDN BHD.
NO. 31, 2ND FLOOR
JALAN SS 22/23,
47400 PETALING JAYA,
SELANGOR DARUL EHSAN,
Please include the email address of the GoGet account you would like to GoGet to credit.
List of Items Not Insured
- Jewelry Goods
- Dangerous Items
- Electronic goods
- Fragile goods that are deemed as insufficiently packaged
- All ordnance equipment
For further information, click here.
compensation compensate damaged goods claims claim refund