Claim Info & Procedures for Compensations
At GoGet, all users are required to be respectful and practice transparent communication at all times. Unfortunately, unforeseen circumstances occur from time to time while GoGetters are on the job. As a platform provider, we must protect the community that join GoGet to earn money through honest hard work. It is our top priority to ensure that you are treated and compensated fairly due to unforeseen circumstances. At GoGet, we try our best to assist GoGetter in getting compensated fairly if there is a change of job scope. The process of making a compensation claim takes time and there are some steps and procedures that you will need to follow. For us to be able to help you, it is extremely important for you to follow the procedures outlined.
What can I get compensation for?
I had to wait longer for the job/spent extra time on this job and want to seek compensation.
I started the job but job is cancelled now, and I want to seek compensation.
I travelled extra distance and want to seek compensation.
- GoGetter reports the incident in the app to seek compensation by providing details of the incident together with evidence of supporting documents.
- GoGet support team will investigate and clarify with the Poster or third party(s) involved in the issue within 48 hours or 2 working days.
- GoGet support team will reach out to GoGetter to seek further clarification if required. GoGetter will be notified about the status of the compensation claim.
- In the event, if the compensation claim is successful, GoGet will follow up with the Poster in collecting the due amount, and GoGetter will be paid via GoGet Admin Fee. The compensation amount will be added to your current GoGetter statement by Sunday.
Distance is calculated based on the difference between the initial address written in the app and the new address for return/redelivery/extra delivery via Google map. The shortest route will be used if there are multiple routes suggested on Google map. If the job happened during peak hour, the distance will be based on forecast time stated in Google map. GoGet team has the final decision and disputes on distance will not be accepted. For example, if GoGetter decided to take toll free route which resulted in distance travelled is different from the distance calculated by GoGet team, the dispute will be rejected.
GoGet team have rights to verify your location with our location tracking information stored within the app. GoGetter must allow GoGetter app to track their location to be qualified for compensation relating to location dispute. If GoGetter does not allow GoGet app to track their location, claim for compensation will be denied. Final decision will be depending on the information recorded and captured by GoGet system.
The compensation rate of RM4 for the first 1-5km and RM0.8/km for bike and RM0.88/km for car for additional km is applicable. The compensation rate is for the extra distance travelled due to circumstances arised. The compensation rate is final and with the assumption that the cost of tolls and parking are included. The compensation amount will be added as earnings to the job. The revised compensation rate will be effective 23 Nov 2023 onwards.
- Poster offered a parking fee to be covered for drop off location, when GoGetter arrived for the 1st time, receiver was not around and requested a re-delivery. GoGetter had paid parking for the first attempt. During the re-delivery trip, GoGetter will only be paid for the return fee mileage and no extra compensation on the extra parking cost incurred.
- GoGetter attempted to deliver the item at 1pm, however the receiver was not around and requested GoGetter to redeliver the item at 5pm. The compensation rate remains the same even though it is peak hours. GoGetter has the right to reject the attempted delivery at 5pm if GoGetter is not available to carry out the delivery.
If the extra distance incurred is less than 1km, GoGetter is not eligible to claim for this compensation.
In the event, if the changes of address result in a shorter distance to travel, GoGetter is not entitled to seek any compensation.
There is no compensation for opportunity cost in any circumstances. For example:
- GoGetter claimed JOB A that is worth RM30 and committed to this job. GoGetter saw JOB B that is happening at the same time but with a higher tips, RM45. GoGetter did not take JOB B since he/she has already committed to JOB A. However Poster cancelled JOB A last minute. Compensation is only based on the RM30 job.
- GoGetter claimed a job that is worth RM100 to deliver parcel from Melaka to KL, GoGetter is at KL right now, and decided to travel to Melaka for this job. The job was cancelled last minute when GoGetter arrived at Melaka, GoGetter will only be compensated as per the cancellation fee charged to the Poster, regardless of the actual cost incurred by GoGetter as per the cancellation policy below.
Compensation rate will be rounded to the nearest ringgit, for example:
- Distance travelled is 14.7km for car, RM4+(14.7-4)km x RM0.88/km = RM9.42 rounded to RM9.00.
- Extra distance travelled is 13.5km for bike, 13.5km x RM0.8/km = RM10.80=RM11
Reasons Your Compensation Claim May be Rejected
- Insufficient supporting documents or evidence: such as failure to start the job in the system as proof that you are on the job, no location data captured in GoGet system.
- Report was filed via the GoGet app after 48 hours after the incident.
- Job reported from External channels: for example Facebook posts or messenger, GoGet Helpline will not be accepted as a formal report for compensation.
- GoGetter filed under the wrong report reason. However, GoGetter are allowed to resubmit the report under the correct reason within 48 hours of the incident.
- Lack of details to make accurate decisions on investigations. E.g. GoGetter is not able to provide timing information or to detail how long he/she waited.
- Acting without acknowledgment from Poster: For example, when GoGetter arrived at the drop off point, the receiver is not around. Then GoGetter proceeds to return or deliver to the actual address or new location without seeking acknowledgment from the Poster UNLESS the Poster has given the instructions in the job note regarding the location-related issues.
- Started the job without clarifications on the job scope.
- Additional job issue(s) were created due to GoGetter’s actions: E.g. GoGetter is late to pick up because GoGetter was unable to navigate to the pickup location even though full address and information were given, GoGetter is unable to claim for 30 minutes delay.
- Job has existing issues caused by GoGetter violating GoGet's rules: for example, GoGetter requested the receiver to meet at the vehicle and refuse to help unload despite the parking option being selected.
- Other scenarios are up to GoGet admin’s discretion.
To prove “I have clarified the job with the Poster”:
- GoGetter must contact the Poster via “message” or “chat” in GoGet app, call, or WhatsApp the Poster to clarify the job scope should there be any incomplete or vague details Compensation is based on the ability to provide evidence of communication.
- GoGetter must clarify the job scope with the Poster prior to starting the job. Clarification includes the following:
- Ensuring jobs have a complete address.
- Ensuring time and date are stated clearly in the job.
- Sender details, receiver details, the person in charge contact details, pick up details and drop off details are listed clearly (whichever is applicable).
- If Poster requires a return trip to be done, a return trip must be written as a task, not in the notes itself which does not have any distance calculated in the job. If Poster didn’t write as a task, GoGetter needs to advise the Poster to edit the job. If Poster did not edit the job and GoGetter proceed with the job without it being written as a task, no compensation will be given.
- Specifications of the item, for instance, item size, weight, number of items, perishable or non-perishable, halal or non-halal, bulky, fragile, estimated cost of the item, pictures of the item if applicable.
- Ensure clear job scope of the task is written, for example: cleaning a house which includes 2 washrooms and 1 living room, key in 100 rows of data for 2 hours, item is bulky and please help to load and unload at both pick up and drop off point.
- Parking required was stated clearly in the job (Premium Job only).
- Poster has responded via text, phone-call, SMS, WhatsApp or Message in GoGet app to confirm job details.
- GoGetter is advised to allow a 15 minute time frame for Poster to respond. If the Poster does not respond after 15 minutes, GoGetter has the right to cancel the job because Poster is not responsive.
- If GoGetter started the job without clarification with the Poster, GoGetter is unable to file for any dispute under any circumstances.
To prove “I’m on the way to the first location”:
- GoGetter must “Start job” in the app to indicate that GoGetter is on the way to the first location. GoGetter must start the job before any report is made. GoGetter must allow GoGet app to track the location. Poster will be able to know the GoGetter location once GoGetter clicks “Start Job” in the app.
- Compensation claim will only be reviewed if the issue arises within 60 minutes of the start time. For example, if the job is at 1pm, no compensation will be given if you claim to be “on the way” at 10am and an issue has happened. Upon investigation, our support team will take the start time as per stated in the app. If the start time was updated, the changes must be updated via chat, message, call log or notes as a form of confirmation and evidence.
- If the job is flexible timing, the compensation claim will only be reviewed if the issue arises within 60 minutes of the earliest start time. For example, if the pick up time is 1 to 3pm, and GoGetter is on the way since 12pm, GoGetter can claim for compensation.
- If GoGetter does not start job in the app but says he/she is on the way verbally, GoGetter is not eligible to claim for compensation.
- If GoGetter is late to the pickup location resulting in Poster cancelling the job or any other issues, no compensation will be given. Grace period of 15 minutes is applicable, for example:
- GoGetter needs to pick up the item at 1pm, and GoGetter has informed Poster about her/his ETA as 1.15pm, after 1.15pm GoGetter has not arrived and Poster cancelled the job and decided to send the item by themselves, no compensation to GoGetter for last minute job cancellation.
- GoGetter needs to pick up the item is between 1pm to 3pm, and GoGetter arrived the pickup point after 3.15pm and Poster left the place because GoGetter is late, no compensation to GoGetter for last minute job cancellation.
To prove “I’ve reached the location”:
- In app evidence that GoGetter has reached within 1km of pick up location or the shop. Any further than 1km, it is assumed GoGetter is still “on the way”. The distance here is referring to the travelling distance as per Google map. GoGetter must allow GoGet app to track the location.
- GoGetter must “Start Job” in the app before the report is made.
- Only applicable if GoGetter is at the location within 30 mins of the task time. For example, if task time is 1pm, no compensation will be given if you claim to be at shop at 10am.
- If the job is flexible timing, the issue must be within 30 minutes of the start time. For example if the pick up time is between 1pm to 3pm, and GoGetter is on the way since 12.30pm, GoGetter can claim for compensation.
To prove “I’m on the way to the drop off location”:
- GoGetter must update the first task as completed to indicate that GoGetter has collected the item.
- GoGetter must have travelled more than 1km from the initial pick up location. The distance here is referring to the distance travelled as per Google map. GoGetter must allow GoGetter app to track the location.
- If the job is flexible timing, the issue must arise within 60 minutes of the delivery time to be eligible to claim for compensation. For example if the delivery time is between 1 to 3pm, and GoGetter is on the way since 11am, GoGetter cannot claim for compensation.
- If GoGetter did not update the job after he/she has picked up the item in the app but said he/she has the item, GoGetter is not eligible to claim for compensation in regards to this issue.
To prove “I reached the drop off location”:
- GoGetter must update the first task as completed to indicate that GoGetter has the item.
- In app evidence that GoGetter has reached within 1km of drop off location. Any further than 1km, it is assumed that GoGetter is “on the way”.
- Only applicable if GoGetter is at location within 30 mins of the task time. For example, if task time is 1pm, no compensation will be given if you claim to be at shop at 10am.
- If the job is flexible timing, the issue must be within 30 minutes of the start time to be eligible to claim for compensation. For example if the pick up time is between 1pm to 3pm, and GoGetter is on the way since 12.30pm, GoGetter can claim for compensation.
- If GoGetter does not update the job as he/she has picked up the item in the app but said he/she has the item, GoGetter is not eligible to claim for compensation in regards to this issue.
Terms and Conditions:
- The compensation value is capped at the maximum amount of the job EXCEPT if return trip or additional delivery incurred. Kindly refer to the link for return/redelivery SOP for GoGetters.
- In the event if Poster has offered to compensate GoGetter but the GoGetter is not satisfied with the amount that was offered, GoGetter has the right to reject the amount and file a compensation claim instead. In the event if Poster had already compensated GoGetter however GoGetter still seek for extra compensation from GoGet admin as per listed in the Compensation Policy, the claim will be rejected.
- GoGetter or Poster may be suspended from GoGet platform if any act of dishonesty was being discovered such as creating fake evidence.
- GoGet reserves the right to alter these Terms and Conditions at any time in its absolute discretion.
Please refer to the list of scenario and issues of compensation in the attached document. Any other scenario that is listed in the said document must be reported, and GoGet admin will assist GoGetter accordingly.